WorkLink’s Youth Committee serves as the Workforce Development Board’s architect for a comprehensive youth service delivery system in Anderson, Oconee and Pickens counties. They facilitate collaboration and the delivery of services for all youth, leading to educational, workplace and personal success. For more details, download our youth strategic plan. The Youth Committee is a subgroup of WorkLink and is a mandate under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Youth Committee members are volunteer men and women who have a special interest or expertise in youth policy.
What We Do
- Plan and manage youth funds received in the WorkLink Region (Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens counties).
- Build community awareness and demonstrate leadership and address key development, education, and employment issues affecting youth.
- Facilitate coordination of youth activities in the community.
- Influence and leverage other community youth funds and services.
- Address the specific needs of youth in the community.
- Encourage new ideas and work to find additional resources to advance its mission.
- To have youth educated and prepared for self-sufficiency in work and in life.
Youth Committee Mission
- The WorkLink Youth Committee facilitates collaboration and the delivery of services for all youth, leading to educational, workplace and personal success.
The Youth Committee meets bi-monthly SC Works Clemson Center.