2-1-1 is a nationwide program that offers information about health and human services. As an online database and free information helpline, 2-1-1 is a vital resource to the WorkLink area of Anderson, Oconee and Pickens Counties. Callers can access the following types of services:
- Basic human needs from food banks and shelters to rent assistance and utility assistance
- Physical and mental health resources from crisis intervention and counseling to health insurance programs
- Employment support from unemployment benefits to job training
- Support for older Americans and individuals with disabilities from home healthcare to transportation and meals
- Support for children, youth, and families from childcare and afterschool programs to mentoring and tutoring
The Youth Council of the WorkLink Workforce Investment Board invites your organization to join South Carolina 2-1-1 by completing the agency profile form below. By choosing to list your public services in the database, you will virtually open your doors and extend your outreach to those who need your services the most. If you have questions or concerns about listing your organization in 2-1-1, please contact Sharon Crite, youth services coordinator, at (864) 646-1828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for help, please dial 2-1-1 from any phone or visit www.sc211.org. The information can be accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, thanks to the support of the United Way of Anderson County, the United Way of Pickens County and the United Way of Oconee County.